Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Reunion.
Now I know where I belong.
Okay okay. Blog drought over. New template! Woohoo! =)
Hey don’t look at me- Blogger- or at least MY account refused to work. Most things that have to do with WWW usually don’t cooperate with me, at any rate – so no surprises. And tweaking my skin WITHOUT ANY HELP WHATSOEVER (thank you, thank you XD) needed a leetle beet more time than usual.
Aha. Nothing interesting (for majority of) last week LAH. Oooh, ‘cept Thursday. =)
Mmhmm. 1st December. That episode. Lol. I swear I’ll never forget that. I saw him and his buddies at the MRT station- they were discussing something about “how many people they’ve got” and how “this was not a good place to look”. [Hey I couldn’t help overhearing, okay. =)] I swear they’re all part of some psychomaniac clan dedicated to scaring little girls. And THAT (whatever he said), is one sad pick-up line.
The movie. Haiyah. Rach – you dumb dumb. You just HAD to sleep didn’t you. And I didn’t get the middle seat. Not like I don’t know why lah.
Lunch then ciao-ed, pretty much nothing to do anyway. Till I got home and our little squabble broke out. It's over but I'm still shocked. How I hurt you , I don't know. I still don't believe it.
Then Friday. Oh gosh. I went to school to see the darned dentist and he is one talkative young chap – he kept asking questions about my holidays and expected me to answer his million and one questions with that suction thingy in my mouth. I managed something to the effect of “errh meh famileh’s en le(gurglr)ster” (Urh, my family’s in Leicester) before he realizes and says “ oh yah, sorry. I forgot I put the suction in already. Haha.” .______.
Then I rushed off to Woodlands Regional Library to meet Jolyn, the PIK who couldn’t make it the last THREE meetings planned. Whale whale was on a food cum work strike because she wasn’t talking to her mum. Although I swear it was some plan of hers to PONN and lose weight at the same time. =) So we talked about cancer. And tumors, and oncogenes and everything else in between. Ooh and for our proposal – in order to answer the “why we are interested” question, we had intended to come up with some sadded tale of a friend called Jane who died of a tumor and how we were so psychologically and emotionally traumatized, we felt it our calling and our moral obligation to take on this study ( a message from the heavens above) , in hope that no-one else would have to face the grief and immense pain of losing a loved one to this brutal disease. Bottom line was, we wanted the project. Desperately. Hilarious. =)
And three hours later, Jolyn ABANDONED me because she “had something to do”. Read: Gtg watch movie. Lol no lah. Joking. You didn’t abandon me, yes? So I took off to Causeway Point. Called Tasneem up but she was asleep. UK jetlagged. STILL. Pure evil, yes, Nanem? So I walked round Causeway Point, dropped by Popular but was scared off by the long queues of uber kiasu parents with neck high piles of assessment books. Sheesh. Ooh then the highlight of the day- Powerpuff Girls live! Lol. Just my luck – it was the first day of their “tour” of Singapore malls or something like that. So I had to kinda tip-toe my way out of a sea of screaming six-year-olds all decked in predominantly PINK- kinda like small scale Singapore Idol. =)
Saturday- visitors! Uncle Ghani from KL, Nani, Aunty Piah, Uncle Alwi, Aunty Ram (heh. Luckily they didn’t bring their seven kids along. Two was enough of a hassle. XD) So after Uncle Ghani et al left, we went out for Swensen’s- heh Nani and prawn dippers. =)
Sunday- more visitors- Nani Nah, Syahirah, Aunty Shidah, Uncle Rauf, Tasneem, Fareez. Hilarious. Rupert Grint. Taufik. (WOOHOO!) Loll. And then I managed to talk Tasneem into staying over- okay fine I actually just went up to her parents who were more than happy to get rid of her. =) So yes, Monday became another horrendous trip to PS. We kinda got lost at Kallang and fell into a wee bit more trouble, didn’t we? ^^ Watched Without a Paddle. Lame but funny. In an awkward kinda way. Gosh. Tasneem, I swear you’re nuts. You can’t keep hiding from them forever you know? Go CALL them. And tell me who the second guy is! Grrrr. I swear I’ll find your diary one of these days. Syah and I have a strange plot to sabo you, at any rate. Hah. Then the great salmon disaster. XD Frozen peas and all. Crazy lah you Tasneem- and I guess that’s why we’re cousins, huh? And now you’re going away. Garrh. ><
Tuesday- debate trng. Oh gosh. Death penalty (JGs motion) + Chere See + Rusty hopeless debaters (ME) = complete disaster. Nic and I have come to the conclusion that a) we suck and b) we’re gonna get kicked out soon. =) ooh and I got Zigs and my pretty case book yesterday. Heh. Just had to announce that.
Ah wells. Got lots of cleaning out to do. Blog more later.
"Out Of Reach"- Gabrielle
Knew the signs
Wasn't right
I was stupid for a while
Swept away by you
And now I feel like a fool
So confused,
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?
Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach,
Couldn't see
We were never
Meant to be
Catch myself
From despair
I could drown
If I stay here
Keeping busy everyday
I know I will be OK
But I was
So confused,
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?
Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach,
Couldn't see
We were never
Meant to be
So much hurt,
So much pain
Takes a while
To regain
What is lost inside
And I hope that in time,
You'll be out of my mind
And I'll be over you
But now I'm
So confused,
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?
No, it seems.
Out of reach,
So far
I never had your heart
Out of reach,
Couldn't see
We were never
Meant to be
Out of reach,
So far
You never gave your heart
Even though I did.
In my reach, I can see
There's a life out there
For me
I made you a priority. Was I only an option?
I flew @ 1:03 PM