Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Friday, November 26, 2004

yes AJ darlink. I am blogging. And since you were nice enough to put up with my crap at 5 in the morning I dedicate this entry to you! =)

I’m back. Woohoo. Back onto familiar sunny sunshine I don’t have to wear a sweater and everything is NOT in pounds but it’s really darned stressful Singaporean home ground. And it feels darned good to be back. =) (You never really know how much you want to give the PM a hug and keep paying GST , ERP till you let yourself freeze your arse off in subzero temperatures for about two weeks)

Okay let’s take it from the top. Got to the airport at like 4 am. Called Rach who scraped a response though she sounded pretty much like a toad with a hangover. Oh and I am such a dumb dumb. At the airport I realized that I had autoroam. Problem was, the phone was at home. Schmart,yes?

Flight to Heaththrow was kinda, well, HORRENDOUS. It was still fasting month and the WHOLE flight I was fasting. Problem was throughout the whole flight we saw sunlight and you’re not supposed to break fast till sunset. Aha. Twenty hours man! I feel accomplished. I also sat through A Cinderella Story in MALAY. Mmmhmm. “oh aku mencintaimu. Matamu seperti bintang.” Wahaha. So it was another 2 hours to Leicester where I FINALLY met my family after four whole months. Mmmhmm. Shahridzal (aka Swaziland, Switzerland or the Ridz Carlton), is TALL, “Init” is his favourite word and he looks like Harry Potter in that hooded jubah. =) Nora- pretty much the same. Rosier cheeks. More girly wirly. Ashraf- still the little devil he was and always will be. Yasmin- is still SMALL. She’s a third Swaziland’s height. Constantly whined about a non-existent cough so she could ponn school. Sho cute. Okay so you’re probably wondering who in tarnation these people are. They are my cousins who have shifted to England. Mmhmm shall put up photographic evidence once the cam decides to cooperate with me. The next few days- pretty normal. Stuck in the house most of the time. 8 kids, 7 adults- quite a squeeze. But it was funn. Truly a Raya to remember. Oh and my grandma has found herself a pet- a cat she calls Kucing. (Cat in Malay) Highly original.

Well then the next day we set out for Scotland. We drove up to York first and got lost on the M6. Yay. Nothing much up in york- the Viking exhibition- Jorvik didn’t sound too promising. Hit Starbucks. Then back on the road towards Edinburgh- woohoo. Very the nice. Checked into this cute little B n B owned by some Egyptian so wherever you walked there were little sphinxes and mummies- quite scary actually. Then – Edinburgh Castle- ooh funkayyy. Saw the Scottish crown jewels- sweet, man. After that- Edinburgh Dungeon. OhmyGod. If you EVER think about going in, SHOOT YOURSELF. Total RIPOFF. They get you into this boatride- supposed to be a cave of vampires. YEAH RIGHT. DON’T FALL FOR IT. NOOOOO. After the “boat” moves no more than TEN metres, a damn pirate appears going ”Get out of the boat”. So everyone is shocked and confused. Huh, we’ve been in the boat for like four minutes. And so we all stone and stay in the boat. Five minutes later we realize , we’ve been CHEATED. Man. They take a pic of you at the start. Print it out and wave it under your nose going – “No obligation to buy!” YEAH RIGHT. EIGHT POUNDS. Wth. So I took the initiative to stand outside the dungeon deterring other potential customers. HAH.

Then we moved on to Loch Lomond and the Lake District. Beautiful place. Mmmmhmmmm. But just wayyyy too cold. The captain thought we were nuts to sit on the upper open air deck on the ferry rides. Heh. Pouring boiling water over the car to de-ice became a daily ritual from then on. =) Oh then Chester. Another CHEATERBUGGER place. We picked up a brochure for an ice cream farm where we thought we could see the ice cream making. We stepped in and the darned lady was like oh no sorry you cant watch it though we have a VIDEO that you can watch while enjoying one of our 35 flavours and we’ve got a barn if you’re interested what would you like? *Big smile* I would have liked to S L A P her. And the barn. Oh God. I was chased by a RABID (I SWEAR its RABID) black sheep that reminded me of AJ. =) I had to run round the barn as my parents stood there laughing can. LAUGHING. Evull. Hrmph. So much for ice cream, aye?

Next stop- Stratford upon Avon. Oooh Ms Chia would be pleased. =) All 5 Shakespearean houses in 7 hours man,. Woooohooo. Then back to Leicester and next bus onto London. Wahaha. Fast paced.

[ok im doing the London bit tmr. AJ SHUTTUP. =)]

Then the flight back. Ouchhh. Couldn’t sleep one bit. Still Jet lagged. That’s why im blogging at 520 in the morning. Well also because of a certain evull dark coloured woolly mammal bugging me to do so.

Ah I shall continue TOMORROW, yes?

YAY. Okay see you tmr. Later. Sth liddat. Byebye.

Happy, my darlink? =)


I flew @
5:30 AM


Because tomorrow promises no sun.
Tag me

tagg

links

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com